21 and Over Club: Best bar deals in Whitewater
October 7, 2015
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
By Jordan Moser
Oct. 7, 2015
If you haven’t figured it out by now, the city of Whitewater and its students take drinking very seriously. Perennial dedication to partying, drinking and having a good time has resulted in UW-Whitewater being ranked the 83rd Best Party School in America for 2014-2015 according to fiestafrog.com. This is not UW-Whitewater’s first appearance in this poll, and hopefully it will not be the last. In order for the 21 and Older population to get the most out of their bar-going experience, I have ranked the top five best bar deals in Whitewater in order to get you the most booze for your buck.
- All You Can Drink-The College Pub: On Wednesday nights, make your way down to The College Pub (simply known as “The Pub”) for a night that is sure to quench your thirst. For only $8, you can have as many drinks as you can handle until the bar closes. Drinks that you can get in this deal include unlimited rail mixers, domestic tap beer, or a combination of the two (if you dare). Finish your cup, refill it and keep the party going every Wednesday night.
- All You Can Drink-Pumpers and Mitchell’s: Very similar to The Pub’s AYCD deal, at Pumpers and Mitchell’s you can buy your cup for $10 before 11 p.m. and $8 after 11 p.m. on Wednesday nights. This deal includes rail mixers and domestic taps as well and is the perfect way to relieve some tension in the middle of the week. Pumpers and Mitchell’s also host their beer pong leagues on Wednesday nights where they give out nightly prizes to the evening’s best teams. With two different sides to the bar and an outdoor patio, you will be in for the long haul once you step through the doors.
- $4 Liter Rail Drinks-Ground Zero: The bartenders call it “The Big One.” For only $4, fill a monstrous cup with your choice of rail mixer. Even if you get a little too tipsy, your wallet won’t be hurting in the morning. Be sure to try the cherry-spiced rum and Coke, a favorite amongst Ground Zero regulars.
- Domestic Bottles-Ground Zero: Again? Yes…again. Ground Zero follows up their incredible liter rail mixer deal by offering $1.50 domestic bottles before 11 p.m. After 11 p.m., the price only goes up by a quarter making this one of the best deals on beer in Whitewater. It’s no wonder why Ground Zero reaches capacity so frequently with deals like this and such a great bar atmosphere.
- $5 Long Island Pitchers-The Mad Boar Pub: When going out with a group of friends, The Mad Boar Pub, aka “The Boar,” should be the first place you stop. For only $5, you can grab a cold pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea. They come in seven different flavors including original, kiwi-strawberry, blue raspberry, peach, grape, orange and tropical punch. Choose to share with a friend or drink it all yourself. With a deal this good, both options are completely reasonable. Add extra alcohol to your pitcher for only $2.00.
“Kill the Keg”-The Mad Boar Pub: Exclusive to Thursday nights, The Mad Boar Pub will give out a keg of Natural Light for free. The beer is served on a first come, first serve basis so be sure to get there early for a couple free beers on the house.
“The Hotdog Deal”-Station One: Despite the fact that this deal is only good for one beer, it could quite possibly be the best deal of any kind in Whitewater. For $4, you get two hotdogs, a pile of tasty ranch fries, and a 12 oz beer of your choice.
Remember to tip your bartenders and drink responsibly!