PL&H: Changing pumpkin colors
October 14, 2015
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
By Alexandria Goodwin-Salas
Oct. 7, 2015
Hello all! I’m hoping everyone likes the autumn theme I have going on for this blog and if you don’t like it then too bad because here comes another autumn themed article. Let’s throw a twist on pumpkin carving.
Everyone has seen the melted crayons on a canvas which happens to be awesome, but that just isn’t festive enough for my taste. I decided to melt crayons on a pumpkin and that’s what I’m going to teach you.
Minimal materials needed:
- Real white pumpkin (or orange, that’s what I’d choose)
- Some of your favorite color crayons (about 16, good luck choosing)
- A bit of tacky glue
- One blow dryer
Getting down and dirty:
- Unwrap your crayons and cut them in half
- Glue the crayons to the top of the pumpkin
- *This is where the fun begins* blow dry the crayons and watch the magic happen
Helpful hint: do this outside on a plastic bag, it makes for easy clean up.
Now that was pretty simple right? I hope you get the chance to try this out before the autumn season is over. Good luck!