Block 42 to host Grand Opening on Nov. 17

New shops find a home in downtown Janesville

Brad Allen / Biz & Tech Editor

Brad Allen, Biz & Tech Editor

Three new stores have opened at Block 42 retail space in downtown Janesville, with one more new business on the way.

The final store to open, Sweet Velvet Cakes, is owned by Clarissa Taylor, winner of the 2016 Janesville Business Challenge.

A Grand Opening is scheduled all day on Thursday, Nov. 17 at 119 N. Main St. in Janesville, WI.

A Grand Opening is scheduled all day on Thursday, Nov. 17 in celebration of four new stores, located at Block 42, 119 N. Main St. in downtown Janesville, WI.

Employees Alisa Hesseling and Happy Waggoner prepare beverages for customers at Bodacious Brew, 119 N. Main St.

An upper floor is accessible inside Bodacious Brew.

The upper floor of Bodacious Brew offers a quiet location inside the shop for customers to relax or complete work.

Four new businesses are opening in downtown Janesville's Block 42 retail space. The new shops include Bodacious Brew, Bodacious Olive, So Chopped and Sweet Velvet Cakes.

Four new businesses are opening in downtown Janesville’s Block 42 retail space. The new shops include Bodacious Brew, Bodacious Olive, So Chopped and Sweet Velvet Cakes.

Construction employees work outside the shops during lunch hour.

Shops manager Todd Jacot checks in with customers Trina MacDougall and Corinne Carey before clearing away dishes from their table.

Various food items are displayed along the back wall of Bodacious Olive.

Bodacious Olive sells a multitude of food products.

Bodacious Brew barista Alisa Hesseling prepares a beverage for a customer while employee Happy Waggoner waits to greet another customer opening the door.