• April 7The man who was spotted with a gun near Whitewater Middle School has been taken into custody without incident, according to the Whitewater Police Department.

Grease sing-a-long dances to the big screen

Hannah Maes, Arts and Rec Editor

Hang out with Sandy and the Pink Ladies for the Grease sing-a-long on at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 29 with an interactive musical in the Young Auditorium, where the real stars of the show are the audience.

The event is free and every audience member gets a free goody bag filled with props at the beginning of the show.

Since 2013, the Young Auditorium has held a sing-a-long event, and this year it will be the classic 1950’s love story Grease.

Aaron Wesolowski, Young Auditorium marketing specialist explains more about how the audience becomes the real stars of the show.

“This is not your typical stage production as it involves showing the 1978 movie musical Grease on the big screen and encouraging audience participation,” Weslowski said.

The evening begins with a professional host leading a vocal warm-up before they show the audience how to use their free goody bag Wesolowski said.

Similar to the Rocky Horror Picture Show sing-a-longs that were popular in the 1970’s, this sing-a-long encourages its audience to get involved in the production in every way possible. That means coming ready to party in leather jackets, greased up hair and floofy skirts.

Viewers can sit back and watch Danny  and Sandy and the gang, while singing and dancing along to the lyrics as shown on the screen. The audience will even get a chance to learn how to hand jive.

Spots can be reserved at the Greenhill Center of the Arts Box Office, online at www.youngauditorium.com, or by calling (262) 472-2222.