• April 7The man who was spotted with a gun near Whitewater Middle School has been taken into custody without incident, according to the Whitewater Police Department.

Bars to host St. Patrick’s Day event

The College Pub, 202 W. Whitewater St., and Pumpers & Mitchell’s, 158 W. Whitewater St., will host a team-up event  called “St. Patrick’s Day Shenanigans” on Friday.

Both bars are set to open at 6 a.m. and will offer an “All You Can Drink” (AYCD) and T-Shirt combination deal for $20.

“We look forward to hosting you all for what is sure to be a long day of tom foolery and madness,” Pumpers & Mitchell’s said in a statement.

Beverages served inlcude green beer and Irish car bombs. The AYCD combination deal provides entry into both downtown bars between 6 a.m. and noon.

Registration begins at 6 a.m. at Pumpers & Mitchell’s.

The event will inlcude a beer pong tournament at Pumpers & Mitchell’s. A huge breakfast buffet will also be offered.

Music entertainment will be provided by DJ artists Trini and Ackatz.

The event is sponsored by The College Pub, Pumpers & Mitchell’s, Guiness, Jameson Irish Whiskey and Collective Designs.

Collective Designs is a company founded and owned by Pumpers & Mitchell’s manager Curt Patrick.

– Brad Allen, Biz & Tech Editor