Chamber Orchestra at Light Recital Hall

The UW-Whitewater Chamber Orchestra will perform one of their semester concerts Saturday, at 3 p.m., in the Light Recital Hall. The performance will feature classical music pieces from the 18th and 19th centuries.

Rindt

The Chamber Orchestra started as an audition process among students and progressed to become a selection of hardworking, dedicated and motivated students.

The orchestra held weekly rehearsals in preparation for the upcoming concert Saturday.

The orchestra will play such selections as Mozart’s “Symphony No. 25 in G minor” and Frank Martin’s “Ballade for Flute, Strings and Piano.” The performance will feature the professor Michael Dugan performing a Trombone piece.

“It’s a fun pleasure working with the university students,” Chamber Orchestra Director Steven Rindt said. “They’re a nice group of polite kids.”

Rindt is in his second year of directing at Whitewater. He described the orchestra as a challenging but rewarding experience.

“The best part about directing the band is the ride of watching these kids grows as musicians,” Rindt said.

Tickets for the event can be purchased by visiting Ticket Services in the Greenhill Center of the Arts.