Spend a day in fright with SEAL

By Abrielle Backhaus

By Signe Trewyn

Ghouls, goblins, ghosts and goons are what UW-Whitewater students at Fright Fest can expect with a trip to Six Flags Fright Fest hosted by SEAL.

While the event is not on Halloween, students can still experience plenty of frights while on a college budget.

SEAL Entertainment Intern Jasmine Adams coordinated the trip for students this year.

“Students can experience everything that Six Flags has to offer,” Adams said. “There are rides and haunted houses along with goons and monsters everywhere to give the Halloween feel. The park closes at 11p.m., we will leave at 10:30 p.m.”

SEAL Management Intern and graduate student Samantha Pick said Fright Fest is a unique event since it takes place off campus.

“When students sign up, they are given an information sheet explaining that they need to wait for the bus at the visitor’s center,” Pick said.

Pick said based on the success in 2013, SEAL decided to organize the event again.

There are 50 tickets available this time to students who want to participate in the event.

Students can sign up and pay their $20 dues with an UW-Whitewater student ID and $35 without for the event at the Career and Leadership Development Front Desk (UC-146). Exact change is required.

Standard Fright Fest tickets online in advance are sold for $33.49 to $51.99 depending on the day of he planned visit.

Pick said not a lot of people get to go to Fright Fest, especially not at such a great deal. Pick said SEAL wants to provide exciting opportunities that students may have never done before.

Pick said she hopes students have a great time during the event while going on rides and having fun with their friends at an of-campus event.

“It is the season for fun things and it is Halloween specific, I hope they have fun,” Pick said.

The event is for the UW-Whitewater students but non-UWW students are welcome to attend.

For more information go to fb.com/sealuww.

Adams said she hopes the trip will get students into the Halloween spirit before midterms.

“I really love the monsters at the event and the fear it puts in my heart, the kind of fear that makes me laugh and not cry along with the element of surprise,” Adams said.