Warhawk video graveyard part three

Tyler McNamer, Staff Writer

Films so scary you’ll die of fright … but probably not. Before the bone-chilling final Warhawk Video Graveyard, it’s only safe to take a break from the onslaught of carnage witnessed. This week, focus on the lighter side of mayhem and chaos. This list contains some of the kookiest and craziest monsters to ever slash their way across the screen.

1.) Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (2006, Unrated)

What do you get when you cross zombies, chickens and musical numbers? Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead. In order to spite his ex-girlfriend, Arbie gets a job at the newly built “American Chicken Bunker.” Unfortunately, the chicken restaurant was built on a cursed ancient burial ground. Will Arbie save his girlfriend? Will the zombie chickens take over the world? Would you like fries with that?

2.) The Gingerdead Man (2005, Unrated)

Fresh out of Hell’s kitchen. After unknowingly bleeding and mixing the ashes of a convicted serial killer into her cookie dough, Sarah Leigh comes face to face with one seriously pissed off cookie. With the help of amateur wrestler, The Butcher-Baker, Sarah, will defend her kitchen from more than just rats. Filled with a baker’s dozen worth of pastry puns, The Gingerdead Man will give you more than just a toothache. You’ll be rushing to go gluten-free after this one.

3.) Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988, PG-13)

The children aren’t always screaming with laughter when this circus rolls into town. First they are cute, then they get deadly. With big red noses and even bigger teeth, don’t laugh at these “klowns”. Cotton candy cocoons, deadly popcorn and evil shadow puppets are just a few of many ingeniously creative trinkets of terror used to snatch up unsuspecting victims. Pray you don’t get a ticket to this show.

4.) Thankskilling (2009, Unrated)

Every 500 years, a spirit so evil comes to kill anyone in its path. It also happens to be in the form of a foul-mouthed fowl named Turkie. Terrorizing a group of college students in the wrong place at the wrong time, Turkie will do anything to make sure they don’t live long enough for seconds.

5.) Black Sheep (2006, Unrated)

With a lifelong phobia of sheep, Henry Oldfield finally decides to face his fear of the furry creatures. At the same time, an epidemic is causing the friendly sheep to turn into homicidal carnivores. If that isn’t bad enough, people are turning into bloodthirsty weresheep. Looks like Henry is in a bad situation.