When Trump wins: Liberals rage, day is made

Dusty Hartl, Opinions Editor

I told you so. Those are the only positive words I can offer you right now.

In one of my political science courses, I was told to see from the point of view of the protesters who think Trump is the root of all that is evil in America. It is hard to see from that point of view because that point of views is clouded
with hatred.

The left has spent most of this past campaign season calling Trump supporters, like myself, racists, xenophobes, homophobes, and bigots. They have insulted so much of America that we gave the ultimate comeback; a red
blanket victory.

Oh, that is right, Republicans won up and down the ballot and on election night we sat in glee as state after state fell red. As Clinton supporters grew more grotesquely disgusted at what they are witnessing.

Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of awful Republicans as there are Democrats. It is important to remember that not every Trump supporter likes what he says.

Some of us just hate Clinton so much that we would rather vote for the talking orange with eyes. Others of us like his economic policy and believe that Clinton would destroy us, economically speaking.

I think it is important to remember why Clinton didn’t win. It is not because there are more Republicans than Democrats. It is not because of the FBI investigation into Clinton’s emails.

It is because Clinton could not get people out to vote. Trump has roughly the same amount of votes as Mitt Romney
did in 2012.

In Milwaukee it is slated that 30,000 less people voted for Clinton than Obama in 2012. Trump won because the Democratic National Convention did not nominated Bernie Sanders.

Those words did just come out of my mouth and I do not regret them. I know that if Sanders was the nominee Trump would not have won in such spectacular fashion.

Since the DNC, I have been saying that Clinton can not win in the general election. News outlets reported otherwise because they had so desperately hoped she could.

So when I see these protests on the our streets, on our campus, and on national TV, it makes me wonder why anyone is protesting. There are not more racists in this country, there are not more xenophobes, homophobes, nor sexists.

However, there were less people motivated to go out and vote for Clinton than ever before. There were masses ready and primed to vote for Trump because he motivated and inspired people to get out and vote.

Wisconsin was a key state in Trumps victory, Clinton did not visit here once in the general election. That is pretty ironic if you ask me and I
hope you are.

All in all this election for Republicans was fantastic! We achieved a lot and I am very proud of that.

Democrats need to rebuild, restructure, and get back to it. They lost and lost hard, but that doesn’t mean they are dead.

They can always make a comeback in 2020, but until then I would like to congratulate president-elect Trump and all of those who voted for him, like me, for our victory last week!

“In the end, you’re measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.”

-—President-elect
Donald J. Trump