Big Man on Campus competition takes place

Competition at 7 p.m. today in the University Center Hamilton Room

The Big Man on Campus competition is sort of a male-style beauty pageant. Four contestants will partake in business wear, an interview portion, community service awareness and express yourself wear. They are then judged by four judges: Ron Buchholz, Katie Tomlinson, Sara Dood, and the audience will have the final vote. The winner will recieve a $500 scholarship.

Brennan Johnson

Year: Senior

Nickname:
Dynamic Johnsonian

Campus Involvment:
Warhawk Ambassador Program,  American Marketing Association, Delta Chi Fraternity, Royal Purple Newspaper (Sales Representative)

What qualities should the Big Man on Campus Posess?

Someone that obviously stands out … someone that kind of understand the general population of the students and embodies that image.

What are you looking forward to about the show?

I came up with a pretty neat idea of what I’m going to wear for [the express yourself wear portion] … you’ll have to come out and find out what it is.

Why should you win the Big Man on Campus competition?

I’m very involved throughout the university. I’ve worked in every single different area around campus so I know how the school is. I’ve seen the in and outs of it.

Donta Brown

Year: Senior

Nickname:
Langston Hughes

Campus Involvment:
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc (President), Seal Intern, Black Student Union, Tifu Cultural Ensemble

A big man on campus should be able to present himself well because … he’s representing him, and his family, then he’s representing whatever organizations he’s a part of, and he’s representing Whitewater as a whole.

I’m planning on coming in [wearing] a suit and tie for the business portion … I’m not sure which one yet, I have two to pick from.

I believe I represent the campus well. I’m very involved. I’m homecoming king, so that shows a lot of involvement from the fall. I’ve stayed committed to Whitewater.

Kevin Dusenberry

Year: Junior

Nickname:
Chazz Michael Michaels

Campus Involvment:
Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity (President), Warhawk Ambassador Program, Order of Omega

I think your GPA and your involvement on campus is taken into consideration when [the judges] select candidates.

I have no reservations as far as being in front of people or being on stage. It’s kind of my little secret, not a lot of people know about but I’m actually a theatre major, I came here my freshman year on a scholarship.

I’m involved on campus for the right reasons. I focus on meeting new people, developing relationships with new people, and helping out the campus and the community.

Nathan Heinritz

Year: Junior

Nickname:
RockSolidRitz

Campus Involvment:

Campus Crusade for Christ (President), Campus Assistant, Decathlete

I think their looking for a “Big Man” in terms of being a man of integrity that people can trust and look up to.

I’m looking forward to the opportunity of being on stage. It’s kind of interesting to have a pageant for men. I’ve never really seen that before.

I believe I have those qualifications … It’s not just about your achievements it’s more than that. It’s your deeds. It’s about building relationships and getting to know people. I really take the time to get to know people, I think that’s the main reason students should vote for me.