UC Welcomes students back with activity night

Brenda Echeverria, Arts & Rec Editor

For students unsure what to do for their first weekend back of the semester, the UC has a variety of activities planned as part of Warhawks at Night event that will take place Jan. 25 from 7 to 11 p.m. in the UC.

The event, which has been put on in previous years, will include free food, games and prizes like in past years but will also include a new headlining event. This year, performing in the Hamilton Room will be Christopher Carter, who is a ‘mentalist’ and who claims to know what is in your mind.

“Anybody can come and find something to do. Everything is free, so it is always a good time to come with friends and find something fun to do,” said Programming Coordinator at the UC, Marissa Porn.

The night is put on as a collaboration between many different groups on campus so students can expect to find a variety of activities such as bowling, pop culture trivia contests, live music, face painting, mini golf and more.

Groups like the ROTC on campus also participate in the event by hosting an activity, this year there will be an activity with pugil sticks.

Roberta’s Art Gallery will be hosting a ‘Brand your bracelet workshop’ where students will be able to stop by and stamp charms to create a customized bracelet or necklace.

Chynarose Degner, gallery assistant at Roberta’s Art gallery, said she is looking forward to the event and thinks that this year’s workshop will be ‘a big hit.’

“There’s a lot of creativity that can be had with the activity,” said Degner.

Samantha Eibl, entertainment assistant at the UC, worked at last year’s event and estimates that there are around 1,000 students that pass through the UC and participate in the activities every year.

“It’s a great way to see what goes on in the UC besides passing through it every day on your way to class,” Eibl said.

Porn said she has also attended previous Warhawks at Night events as a student of UW-Whitewater but now enjoys organizing the event as a member of staff in the UC.

“This will be my third Warhawks at Night, and I have never been disappointed,” said Porn.

Students may need to bring their hawk card to participate in certain activities. A full schedule of activities can be found at uww.edu/uc.