Senior prepares for final show

BA majors display work for last time as college students

Senior Te Bates has been preparing his entire college career around this moment. Now, it’s all coming together.

The Senior Show will be held May 9-14 in the Crossman Gallery in the UC.  The exhibit will showcase the works students have been working on throughout their college careers.

Bates, a Delavan native, is a Bac

This digitally created poster is one of many pieces of artwork at this year’s Senior Show.

helor of Arts double major in graphics and journalism.  His main concentration is graphic art design.

Bates said that illustration and graffiti style goes into his graphics. His work has an “edgier, cartoon style.”

“You won’t see it in a women’s magazine,” Bates said. “You would see it more in like a boarding magazine.”
For the exhibit, he will showcase four pieces, which are in clusters of eight smaller pieces.  Bates is really looking forward to showing off all his pieces of artwork.

“I’m excited for people to get to see the work I’ve been doing over all these years,” Bates said.

He said he is also anxious to see what his fellow classmates have done.

For many of the artists involved in the Senior Show this will be the first time they get to see what their classmates have been working on.

“[For all of us] it will be great to show off our stuff and our talents,” Bates said.  “It will be nice to see all the good artists coming from Whitewater.”

Bates thinks everyone should go check out the exhibit.  It’s a great way to see all the different talents people have here at this university.

“I recommend everyone to go check it out,” Bates said.  “It’s good to go see what your fellow classmates are doing.”

This show will exhibit works done by artists with the use of various mediums.

The B.F.A. students have one main area of emphasis, whereas the B.A. students work with a lot of different methods.

Students use various mediums such as painting, drawing, printmaking, book arts, sculpture, metals, ceramics and graphic art to create their work.