Warm weather and COVID-19 safety practices

UW-Whitewater photo/Craig Schreiner

UW-Whitewater Chancellor Dwight C. Watson listens as social work student Nia Mooney reads a spoken word poem she wrote. UW-Whitewater welcomed Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes as the Black History Month keynote speaker on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020.

Dwight C Watson, Contributor

Dear Colleagues,
Like many of you, I welcome the warm weather and the opportunity to get outside. This week, the weather is predicted to reach the low 60s. As the weather is starting to warm up, let’s please remember that the pandemic is still a part of our lives and that taking the necessary precautions is as important now as it was at the beginning of the fall
Let’s remember that our Warhawk Social Covenant has three critical aspects: Maintain my own wellness, the wellness of others and community wellness.
If you gather in small groups, wear a facial covering, keep your social distance, wash your hands and get tested. These simple steps can help keep you and others safe, and allow us to continue with on-campus activities.
Enjoy the weather. We all need some sunshine and fresh air. Most of all, please, be safe.
Sincerely,
Dr. Dwight C. Watson
Chancellor