Get to know your campus RAs

Resident Assistants are a major aspect of dorm life. They manage dozens of students, run floor meetings, and plan frequent floor get togethers. Get to know these four RAs and the lives they lead behind the RA title.

Lofy

Kelly Lofy 

Year:  Senior

Building: Fischer Hall

Hometown: Lake Geneva, Wis.

Major/minor: Elementary education major with a coaching minor

Favorite movie: “Zoolander”

Favorite quote: “YOLO”

Other jobs: I am on the Hawk Squad, and I do some work for my church.

Student organizationss: Campus Crusade for Christ and intramural sports.

Favorite thing about being an RA: Meeting new people and helping new freshmen.

What I want my residents to know about me: I love to have fun in the residence halls, and I want everyone else to have a great experience in the halls as well.

Muehlenkamp

Paige Muehlenkamp

Year: Senior

Building: Clem Hall

Hometown: Janesville, Wis.

Major/Minor: Secondary education and political science majors. Spanish and history minors.

Favorite movie: “Gladiator”

Favorite quote: “Strength doesn’t come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Other jobs: Clerical worker for Residence Life

Student organizationss: National Residence Hall Honorary, Residence Hall Association and Rho Alpha Sigma

Favorite thing about being an RA: I enjoy making an impact on students’ lives. It may be something as little as being a friendly face or as big as helping someone through a really tough situation.

What I want my residents to know about me: Being an RA is a part-time job. I also have to balance school, other jobs, student organizations and a social life.

Froemming

Brian Froemming

Year: Senior

Building: Fricker Hall

Hometown:  Lancaster, Wis.

Major/minor: Social work major and human services minor

Favorite movie: “Rudy”

Favorite quote: “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within  us.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Other jobs:  Hawk Squad and refereeing youth football games in the city of Whitewater

Student organizationss: Empower and Social Work Student Organization

Favorite thing about being an RA: Making relationships and connecting.  I love getting to connect with so many different people on campus and make a positive impact on them.  I feel as though I have made friends for life.  The RA job really allows you to create meaningful and deep relationships between all the residents and staff members you get to work with in an engaging community.

What I want my residents to know about me: I want my residents to know that like the “Friends” theme song says, “I’ll be there for you.”  My door is always open, metaphorically speaking.  I’m always there, whether it means staying up until 2 a.m. talking to you or if it means running across campus with you to help you solve a problem that you have.  I will always have my residents’ backs.

Valle

Kelly Valle

Year: Senior

Building: Starin Hall

Hometown: I am an international student from Ecuador.

Major/minor: My major is finance and my minor is political science.

Favorite movie: “The Green Mile”

Favorite quote:  “But then I realized that life itself is the greatest source of inspiration and that dreams are only a very small part of that torrent that is life.” -Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Other jobs:  I invest most of my time and energy in my job as an RA, but during my free time I collaborate in the finance area of a non-profit that promotes entrepreneurship in Latin America. I am a Warhawk Ambassador.

Student organizations:  Latinos Unidos and Law Society

Favorite thing about being an RA: I really enjoy interacting with my residents. In my position, I have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives and I truly enjoy being a positive influence to my residents and everyone else around me.

What I want my residents to know about me: I am a very open-minded person. I will always speak up if I believe something is unfair in any way. I am very friendly and always ready to answer questions and help you when you need me, so please do not hesitate in contacting me or stopping by my room.