New Web site brings new features

The UW-Whitewater home page got a fresher look as a result of design changes that took over a year to hash out.

The website also got a new content management system, which allows Marketing and Media to easily update information.

“I initially came up with the design for the website along with the UW-Whitewater iCIT Web Team and Marketing and Media Relations,” said Campus Webmaster Carolyn Wilson. “We worked closely together to deliver what you see on the UW-Whitewater website.”

The website now showcases academic achievements by faculty, staff, and students with an abundance of on-going campus events. Videos and news stories, generated by Marketing and Media, dynamically change the viewer’s experience through the new homepage.

“Overall the site has a wider appearance, which allows us to format pages in a more usable fashion to present more content,” Wilson said. “We also added an ‘Upcoming Events’ area on the homepage that pulls content directly from the campus events calendar.  The videos, news stories, and main spotlight will change on a regular basis.”

In addition to the revamping of the homepage, the internal pages of the website were redesigned to look more appealing with pictures of students and campus activities. The main goal with the new website is to put the users in charge of the content.

The new homepage also has a “connect with us” section where users can connect with UW-Whitewater on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

“The website design configuration and setup of the new content management system took about a year and a half to implement and roll-out.  It has been a very large scale project that we are proud of,” Wilson said.