Chancellor check-in

Katie Popp

University of Wisconsin – Whitewater Chancellor Corey King

Chancellor Corey King

Greetings alumni and friends,

I am humbled and proud to join the Warhawk Family as the 18th chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Since my first day on March 1, 2023, one thing has become clear to me. Thanks to the legacy built by you, the future is bright for this great university.

In my first 120 days, I am focusing on engaging with students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends, community members, legislators, and other stakeholders. Our priority efforts are strategic planning, enrollment growth, financial stability, collaborative shared governance, inclusivity, and further realizing the immense potential of our Rock County campus.

I am committed to leading a culture of trust, honesty, and integrity. I believe in transparency, respect, inclusivity, collaboration, and service, which are all tools for the transformative impact of education and the Wisconsin Idea. Our university has a $500 million economic impact on the region we serve.

About me. I attended Florida State University to be a secondary math teacher. But it was there I discovered that higher education was my calling. I have since worked in higher education for three decades, spending most of my professional career in Florida. Then in 2020, I made an incredible decision to become a Wisconsinite, assuming the role of Vice Chancellor for University Inclusivity and Student Affairs at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay.

On a personal note, I am closing on a home in Whitewater. I’m eager to put down roots in the community. I’m an avid sports fan, love baking, and enjoy attending university and community events. In other words, I am all in!

Today, UW-Whitewater is a leader in preparing students and empowering them to be strong candidates for 21st-century careers. I am grateful for the legacy you have created and your genuine, continued love for this great institution. Nearly 155 years since our founding, we continue to inspire, engage and transform students.

With purple pride,Corey A. KingChancellor