Man convicted of stalking banned from campus

A Whitewater man has been banned from the UW-Whitewater campus for three years, according to a release from campus Police Services.

David M. Duvair, 52, was convicted of felony stalking and two counts of disorderly conduct in 2010 for sending threatening letters to a female Whitewater resident in April 2009. The letters stated he wanted to harm the female and be sent to prison.

Chief Matthew Kiederlen said he is not concerned of any immediate danger from Duvair, but that the ban is a preventative measure to ensure no problems arise.

“He has presnted a history of behaviors that are concerning to us and we felt it was appropriate to ban him from campus,” Kiederlen said.

Kiederlen created the ban in May and Duvair was on probation until the middle of August. Kiederlen said he has not gotten any response about the ban from Duvair.

Police Services sent out photos of Duvair to all campus email addresses and advises anyone who may see Duvair on campus to call police at 262-472-4660 or 911.

Duvair currently lives in Whitewater.

Check back to RoyalPurpleNews.com later for more information.