UW-Whitewater provides fond memories

From the day I set foot on campus I have felt as though UW-Whitewater has been more than just a school. It has acted like a family.

My entire college career has gone by so fast, but that does not mean I didn’t love every minute of it. Every week I always find myself learning something new, which has proved invaluable to most of my experiences at UW-W and elsewhere.

Commentary by Signe Trewyn Staff Writer
Commentary by Signe Trewyn Staff Writer

If I had any advice for freshmen, it would be to study hard and get the most out of your college career because, if you’re like me, you will be looking back on it and wish the good times had never left. That is why I was thankful for the Welcome Back concert that took place because it got me ready for school and the return to campus. 

The long days in the library are never taken for granted either because I can always pet friendly dogs on certain days while studying for a quiz or writing a paper. I love having a quiet workspace while meeting new people who love learning as much as I do.

The only thing I regret about my college experience is the fact that I’ve never been able to stay on campus for a weekend. This is due to my hectic home-life and having many animals to meet and attend to while at home. Although I have been to a campus football game, which is a start, that game was during Homecoming.

I am also thankful for the beautiful campus itself since it is so rewarding to get up early for class and walk past all the flowers and squirrels. It feels like a breath of fresh air before hitting the lecture hall for an hour and a half. I also love it when I’m done with a study session and look outside and know that I have something beautiful to look forward to once I step outside.

Of course, I can’t leave out the food on campus. I love the food the campus has to offer, especially the pizza. I love Uno’s and their quesadillas, along with the pizza of course. I also love Freshens with their smoothies, which always seem to keep me refreshed on warm days.

There are many things I enjoy on campus such as my friends, classes and teachers. The one thing I have enjoyed the most is the opportunity to travel abroad. I feel as though travel study has been the most rewarding experience of my college career.

Freshmen and all Warhawks should take note of this opportunity because it is rewarding personally and academically.

Anything I did not mention in this article should not feel left out; I appreciate the opportunity to have been a part of it throughout my semester.