Interim Chancellor steps in

Cheryl Green joins campus

Killian Jauch, Assistant News Editor

The University of Wisconsin – Whitewater has named an interim chancellor for the upcoming semester. Dr. Cheryl Green was announced as the choice for the position on Dec. 21, following former Chancellor Beverly Kopper’s resignation at the end of last semester.

According to the announcement by UW System President Ray Cross, Green is a 25-year veteran of higher education. She most recently served as the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at UW-Oshkosh.

“Coming from another UW System campus, I am well aware of the stellar reputation that UW-Whitewater has among our colleagues and I am excited to be a part of the Warhawk family,” said Green in a campus wide email.

She will not be eligible to apply for the permanent chancellor position, and the search for a new permanent chancellor began in early January.

Regardless of the status of her position being temporary, Green understands the weight and responsibilty that comes with her new role on campus.

“As interim chancellor, I believe my role is to honor the great traditions and accomplishments of this university and to advocate for its continued advancement,” Green said.

Green plans to continue the work that has been done on the Strategic Plan, the Strategic Enrollment Planning (SEP) and the Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP ) initiative.

“These vital efforts will continue and I hope to be involved as much as possible,” said Green. “I have a passion for the recruitment and retention of students – and I share your steadfast commitment to student success.”

Green will be hosting an open house in the University Center on Jan. 24 in order to meet and get to know people on campus.

Both Green and Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs Grace Crickette were unable to be reached for comment by press time.

For more information on the chancellor contact the office at uww.edu/chancellor.