Former professor says men can fight for women too

While I disagree with his conservative-Republican political and economic views about 95% of the time, I happen to agree with something that Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson says in his recent book.

The gist of his position is that the women of 2019 in our country seem to dislike men overall much more so than did the women of past decades, and that they will not admit it or talk about it. 

I see this in my life.  It see it all around me. 

I wish that I could do or say something to make things better between the sexes/genders in our country.

I say this as man who was sexually harassed by a female college professor when I was a 25-year-old college student. 

I have a great deal of empathy and compassion for all victims and survivors of sexual harassment as well as all other forms of sexual assault and sexual abuse. 

I also say this as the first male Ph.D. student in Sociology in all of Canada to take and pass the Ph.D. comprehensive area specialization examination in “Women’s Studies” in the 1970s. 

I am still qualified and certified to teach college courses in “Women’s Studies” and “Sex Roles/Gender Roles.”

I am speaking up for all of those good men in our country who would never want to sexually harass, assault, abuse or hurt a woman in any way. 

We do exist and we do not deserve to hear the constant male-bashing that some women exhibit on a daily basis.

Give us a break.

We are not your enemy.  We are on your side and will always be on your side.

—Stewart B. Epstein,

Retired professor of Sociology and Social Work