Royal Purple Staff Goodbyes: Tim Gumz

Wait for it…just one more second…I’M FREE!!!
As my final days of college come to an end, I look back and think of all the people who helped me get here.
Tim Gumz - Photo Editor
First off, Mom and Dad thank you so much for helping me out and not giving up on me even though I know this trip called college has taken much longer than I ever planned.
Droste, Scott, BD & LD, maybe I should of quit and played video games with you guys. Sucideking probably could have been a level 75 black mage by now. But it feels really good to be done with college and graduate, so it’s okay I don’t have a level 75.
Laura, you’ve been like the little sister that I’ve never had for years now and I believe had it not been for you, I would have dropped out of college at some point in time and wouldn’t be where I am today. I love you for that lil’ sis and you don’t know how much it means to me. Thank you so much.
Tony and Derek, I had the pleasure of meeting you when I first got to college. I’ve had the ability to travel across the majority of the US with you two for some odd reason or another. We almost died a few times along the way but it was worth it just to see the looks on our faces.
To my friends at the RP, past and present, it’s been a blast and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I know I probably haven’t told you this enough but I am damn proud of every single one of you.
Tyler and Sarah, I couldn’t asked for a better pair of managers, even though because of you Sarah, I did lose my sanity for a night in the office…okay maybe more than once.
Tyler there are so many good times we’ve had, whether in a bar, by a fire or just hanging out and I am willing to wager there are many more to come. Remember my friend, as I have been greatly known for saying, the future changes every three weeks. So three weeks from now it will be a completely different ball game
Skiba, my trusted friend, you have always been fun to be around. I hope at some point you stop worrying about everything. Things have a way of working themselves out, maybe not as we would like, but somehow it always comes around. I’ll be watching what you do with great anticipation cause I know greatness is just around the corner for you.
Gardner, I’m not going to lie, I will not miss your angry tapping on the keyboard. I really think you should try typing like your giving your lady friend a sensual massage, soft and easy, instead of all this angry mashing. Though, I will miss you, your eccentric behavior.
Kuhagen, I finally got to share a beer with you and that’s all I could ever ask for. I know you’ll do great and I’m pretty sure you don’t have a mean bone in your body.
Kellen (Banana Pants), thanks for the rides home bro. I’m sure there will be a few nights where I return the favor, and yes you can now swing-ish with the big boys. I hope your brain recovers in order for you to graduate.
Dennis and Mike, a word of advice, don’t back down to something you stand for. Managing is not always fun or easy but there is a lot to learn from it. Partying with the two of you guys has been a blast.
Alex Wolf, I will remember you for one thing cause it’s the funniest thing I’ve heard a person say in long time. “Do you want a drink of my CockBurn’s?” Ah, my boy, I’ve never laughed so hard in my life.
Andie, you gave me so many good ideas for photo shoots to go along with your stories, and that made working with you all the more fun. I wish I had more time to work with you and to see where your innovation takes you. I will shoot for you anytime, just call and I’ll do what I can. If I can impart a little advice on you, enjoy your time in college. I know you’re a freshmen but it will be over before you realize it and if you get a chance, do a travel study for three weeks or a semester, you won’t regret it. Also, stop thinking so much when you get up to bat. I can see it in the photo I have of you from a game I covered.
Emily, thank you so much for fixing the few writing disasters I wrote this past year. It was a joy hanging around with you from time to time.
Andrew, my rented mule, you were a joy to work with and I believe you will do just fine. I love your photography especially of the buildings you shot earlier in the year.
Crystal, keep up the good work. Keep Andrew on his toes next semester. I will admit it was fun working with you at both the RP and SID and I will always enjoy looking at your photos. So keep up the good work and update Redbubble a little more often please.
To everyone not mentioned above it was fun working with you, and given the chance I would work with all of you again in a heartbeat, you made my time at the RP fun and enjoyable.
Dr. Wachanga, Sam Martino, and Dr. Pennington, all three of you have pushed me to be a better student.
Dr. Wachanga I enjoyed your style of teaching. It fit my style of learning the best and I took so much away from your stories from your home country.
Sam, you taught me so much about editing photos. For example, how big a head-shot should look in a paper by using a coin to judge the size of their head. This is something I found out you do not learn in your average class.
Dr. Pennington, it was truly a pleasure traveling around Ireland with you for three weeks. It was truly enjoyable and I am happy I took that class. My fondest memory is going to the march in Derry.
College is truly what you make of it folks and if you think it will take forever, it is over before you know and you’re shoved out into the real world. So, enjoy it while it lasts my friends. I think Antony Bourdain said it best.
”I’ll be right here. Until they drag me off the line. I’m not going anywhere. I hope.
It’s been an adventure. We took some casualties over the years. Things got broken. Things got lost. But I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.”
Yes, it truly has been an adventure and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.