Meet dauntae green: managing editor

My name is Dauntae Green, people call me “Daunny” on campus so that is my nickname. I am a sophomore this year and I am also deaf. I am majoring in Journalism, and minoring in film studies and am set to graduate in 2024. I am currently the Managing Editor this semester at Royal Purple, and this is my second year working here. Last year I was the Lifestyle Editor. I hope to become a full-time Journalist one day. To be honest, I was inspired by Spider-Man, and Superman when I was younger to become a Journalist. Well mostly Superman because Spider-Man is a photographer who takes pictures of himself but still. I enjoy writing but I want to write informative stories so people know what is happening in the world. I also have loved movies ever since my Junior year of high school.  Superhero films, the movie Snowpiercer, the movie Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl are among the films that have inspired me. I also hope to become a movie critic because I love the music, the cinematography, the themes, plot, and acting of a film. I enjoy them as if I am in a different world. I do have interest in starting up my own film critic company of some sort. But Ultimately, I want to become an influential journalist so that people can look up to me, and I can change people’s lives in some form with my stories or reviews. I am involved in Badminton Club, playing Dungeons and Dragons, watching movies, and playing video games. As for my goals that I am hoping to achieve this year in my job and career wise is to become very good at writing stories, being more confident than ever, more outgoing, and learning to be more organized, and up to my full potential.