Get ready for alumni events

Alumni band members Geoff and Katie Poole (both ’06) brought their daughter Samantha to the football game.

Peyton Rollins, Arts & Recreation Editor

With the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater homecoming approaching, get ready for tons of fun and lots of familiar faces around campus. Director of Alumni Relations, Amy Oeding, has coordinated and planned many different events for warhawk alumni. Events run from Friday, Oct. 29 to Saturday, Oct. 30. Occasions such as reunion dinners, campus tours, tailgates, and many other exciting events. 

One staple event during the Homecoming football game on Saturday is the Alumni Marching band reunion. The marching band alumni and current marching band members will be performing during half time to get the crowd up and dancing.

The Warhawk Marching Band Alumni Band has been in existence for 6 years. The group is composed of those who march in the Warhawk marching band during their time on campus. We have had graduates from 1968-2015!  They rehearse with us in the morning briefly, sit next to the regular band in the stands for the game and join us on the field for a musical selection at halftime.” said Glenn Hayes, the director of the Warhawk Marching band.

Other fun things to do during homecoming weekend include the alumni welcome booth in the University Center from 12 to 5 p.m. The Alumni welcome booth will show the activities and things to do around campus. It also includes an interactive photo booth. 

“This photobooth lets you pick a background from locations on campus and is open for anyone to use. Alumni or students,” said Amy Oeding.

Homecoming weekend will not have a dull moment with the homecoming parade and all the other events. The homecoming parade starts at 10 am on Saturday and many student organizations will be involved marching on Main Street. Alumni are also able to visit the Alumni Hospitality tent before the parade which will offer tasty treats and drinks to enjoy while watching the parade.

Homecoming 2021 will be a weekend full of fun and a time to remember. If there are any other questions regarding events and places to stay during this weekend, check out the homecoming alumni website at UW-Whitewater Homecoming | Alumni Events (uww.edu)