Get involved!

Involvement fair encourages students to participate
Sophomore Ryan Collins talks with a staff member about climbing club. “No matter what skill level you are, you can push yourself to success,” Collins said. “Climbing club is for everyone.”
Freshman Ryan Gomez (left) challenges Super Smash Bros. club president Junior Gavin Vanepps (right) to a match of Super Smash Bros. Throughout the entirety of the involvement fair, Vanepps challenged fellow Warhawks to matches. “I haven’t played a good game in a while,” Gomez said. “Having someone that can challenge me is super fun and makes me want to play more.”

On Wednesday, Sept. 13 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., over 180 student organizations, clubs, fraternities, sororities, and businesses set up tables on the mall between the University Center and Goodhue Hall. Students were encouraged to ask questions, sign up for email lists, and even take free goods from the tables when they left.ing opportunities to get more involved,” said freshman Brooke Tlachac. “I wasn’t very involved during my freshman year of high school, because there weren’t a whole lot of things [like this]. I’m a French Education major, so I’m looking forward to learning more about the French program.”

“I appreciate having opportunities to get more involved,” said freshman Brooke Tlachac. “I wasn’t very involved during my freshman year of high school, because there weren’t a whole lot of things [like this]. I’m a French Education major, so I’m looking forward to learning more about the French program.”

Alongside the clubs, community members and students also represented Bubbl’r and YikYak. Free samples of the sparkling water were given out, and students were rewarded with socks and cookies in exchange for downloading the app. 

“I like that there are so many options available along with the amount of communities I can be a part of,” said freshman Deven Ripp. “I love Whitewater. Everyone here is really kind, and it’s a really good place to get involved and be able to do things related to your major that aren’t just classes.”