Warhawk Vision 2030

Academic Staff Assembly Meeting

The Academic Staff Assembly met Wednesday, Sept. 27 to discuss the university’s plans to improve diversity and inclusivity on campus. There will now be inclusivity coordinators within individual colleges, but Chancellor Corey King is still in the works with staff committees to get this program up and running.

“They are so looking at reimagining the Diversity Forum and Martin Luther King Jr. Day and trying to have a discussion about the audience,” said Academic Staff Assembly Chair Becky Jones. “Specifically, we are looking at if the Diversity Forum is catering or targeting more towards students or staff, and Martin Luther King Day is looking at more of a focus on the celebration of his work.”

Deloitte Consulting has been working with UW-Whitewater since August, and is looking to help UW-Whitewater and the UW-Rock County improve student retention and graduation rates, within an overall goal to similarly improve all schools with the University of Wisconsin System. 

They similarly introduced “Warhawk Vision 2030, which is going to be a deeper vision of where we as a university want to go,” said Jones.

More information about the plan is to come, and will be shared in a town hall meeting in November.

Additionally, a plan for a system-wide application for high school students in the state of Wisconsin is in the works. Students would be able to send one application to the University of Wisconsin System as opposed to individual applications for all universities.

For more information on the Academic Staff Assembly, visit their website at uww.edu/asa