First snowfall lands in Whitewater

Jayden Kimpel
The UW-Whitewater landscape has gone into a whiteout thanks to a snowfall the night of November 25, 2023.

As a gift for all UW-Whitewater students returning from Thanksgiving break, winter has come to Whitewater. Many residents of Wisconsin woke up to the first snowfall of the season. 

With winter coming, that only means that temperatures are going to drop lower and lower. The temperature for the week of Nov. 27 to Dec. 1 will fluctuate from 30 degrees until the end of the week, where it will spike up to 50 degrees. Cold and flu season is also beginning, so make sure to keep yourself safe and healthy throughout winter to prevent any sickness.

With roads and sidewalks starting to get icy, remember to wear proper footwear and winter gear. When driving, make sure to let any vehicles warm up before going onto the road. By not doing so, there is a risk of damage to your vehicle. 

The final few weeks of the fall semester are rapidly approaching UW-W. Remember to take care of yourself, and reach out to those who can help you, whether they are licensed professionals, professors, classmates, friends or family. While school is important, making sure that you are happy and he

althy should always be a priority.