Founded 1901

Royal Purple

Founded 1901

Royal Purple

Founded 1901

Royal Purple

Black Friday is decreasing?

Black+Friday+is+decreasing%3F

It’s that time of year again! People waking up at four in the morning, going to crowded stores just to get the greatest deals for themselves or others for Christmas. But why is Black Friday a big deal? 

Black Friday is a holiday after Thanksgiving in which people shop for electronics, toys, clothes or other items in the store at a discounted price. 

Many popular stores like Amazon, Target, Walmart and Best Buy have started launching their holiday deals earlier this month! The bulk of these Black Friday deals will extend through the weekend into Cyber Monday 

“I love this time of year! My heart starts to pump when I see what I want and it’s on sale for a great deal. I know it isn’t safe for everyone, but that’s with everyone else with holiday shopping last minute,” Diamond Johann said. “I love going a few days after as well, so it’s not as busy and they still have all of the deals.” 

Walmart had big deals going on through their stores spreading throughout the weekend. From $5 bedding, clothing under $15, 30% off appliances and 30-50% off all electronics. 

Target sales are 40% off all clothing, 50% headphones and $175 off all Apple products. But Black Friday has been going downhill since online shopping has skyrocketed. The relief of online shopping has also formed down Black Friday crowds, but some consumers still prefer the in-person experience. 

“I enjoy the rush. I like people going around and seeing other people fight for an item that can be cheaper on another day,” Jim Peterson said. 

Consumers have spent 5 percent more online in the first 20 days of November than they did in the same period last year, according to Adobe Analytics. 

Many retailers say that spending on the other end of the holiday shopping calendar, in the days approaching Christmas, is more important as people rush to nab last-minute gifts. 

Companies have spent much of the past year celebrating a surprisingly resilient consumer who has continued to spend despite inflation and rising interest rates. 

Black Friday season can start at the beginning of November, if not sooner. And the sales following Cyber Monday make the season stretch into early December. During that time, you can get great deals across practically all categories, including on items that rarely see discounts. Apple products are one example. Depending on what you’re shopping for, Black Friday can be the cheapest time to buy.

But not every deal that shows up during November is a good deal. This sales season will most benefit the smart shoppers who plan in advance. For the carless, it can be easy to make bad buys. 

“Even though I’m not a big shopper in person, I like to shop online,” said Hailey Stadler.But It’s easier to be in my comfort zone of my bed and online shop from the warmth of my own home. Thank goodness for Cyber Monday for people like me!” 

Black Friday is always the day after Thanksgiving, this year it was November 24, and Cyber Monday will be hosted Monday, Nov. 27.  This year was different, less people woke up to go early in the morning, but decided that they were going to go later in the day. Many people were still seen out and about searching for the deals. 

Leave a Comment

Comments (0)

The Royal Purple encourages readers to voice their opinions via the online comments section. Comments may be monitored for appropriateness and viewer safety. If a comment is harassing, threatening or inappropriate in nature, it may be taken down with editor's discretion.
All Royal Purple Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *