Mesmerizing Memoria exhibit

“Painted Soul” digital art by Will Timlin

Welcome to a tour of another world, another dimension that is in the past, present and future through memories of time ticking by each second that comes off as chaos, blurriness, space and fragmentation of mirrors that show different parts of each other in the art exhibit Memoria. It’s seen as a labyrinth of looping and blurriness in the art that makes the audience contemplate about their lives from the memories they have. It focuses more on the surrealism and emotions that the audiences would gain from the art that can be seen as fragments of memories through that usage of surrealism to help the audiences reflect their lives. From the help of introspection, technology and art it creates the illusionistic haunting and fuses with a grand scale of higher thinking with euphoric vibes while making you look on the inside more. Join the audience through a journey into a reflection of the human experience from the aspects of the memories deep inside of the consciousness in order to understand the importance of time from the euphoric and blurriness beauty through the art of Memoria created by the graphic designer Will Timlin who is a student at University of Whitewater in Bachelor of Arts degree with a graphic design emphasis and a marketing minor. 

“Fusion” digital art by Will Timlin

The art piece known as Fusion is shown as a piece with two individuals’ heads looking straight ahead, but cut in half as if they were fused with red-pink like colors that blend in together to show the faces while the middle of the piece is like a black hole that fuses them apart. It shows reflections of each fused version of the faces with three eyes peering out of the blur seen as a dark, wavy blackhole that bounces colors off to their sides. What the art is telling the audience is that the reflections of ourselves can be seen as many pieces of who we are. Perhaps we can be seen in many different ways like student, partner, son, daughter, etc. It can be up to interpretation from introspection for everyone to look inside ourselves.

“Portal” digital art by Will Timlin

One of the other art pieces known as Portal shows black, blurry, squiggly, wavy, lines of reflections bouncing off each other as if they look like radio waves broadcast up and down, but there is a shadowy figure standing there as they stare through the pink and orange colors. It could be seen as a metaphor – as somebody in their lives contemplating where they are in their life and deciding whether or not they should go take the next step to change their life, to step into a portal to another realm.

There are other art pieces that still can be seen there at the art exhibit in the Roberta’s Art Gallery that will be there until February 4 and there will be a reception January 30 with artist Will Timlin talking about the pieces at 6 p.m. and an open house from 7- 8 p.m. Some other pieces that can be seen there are Depths of Transcendence, Disruption, Painted Soul and Passage. Go on the journey of reflecting inside yourself with the memories in your consciousness clashing against you through the reflections, euphoric chaos imagery creating introspection on helping you understand yourself in time. Check out the pieces at the Roberta’s Art Gallery from Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and online at  https://www.uww.edu/uc/events_entertainment/robertas-art-gallery/memoria.