Freshman starts computer repair business

For the local computer business MacBros, Apple inventor and entrepreneur Steve Jobs was more than an inspiration; he was an idol, especially to freshman Dan Fink.

The members of MacBros repair and sell Mac computers and devices for reasonable prices, mostly to their college peers. Their slogan is “Macs at a PC price.”

“The great thing about Apple products is they’re not difficult to use,” Fink said.

MacBros was created by Fink and Shaun McKeehan two years ago when they were juniors at Ashwaubenon High School.  They have since expanded and have two more executive members: Austin Kadulski and Andy Aude.

They worked with SunVibe Electronics, located in downtown Green Bay.  When the four members moved to college, the business moved with them.

As a proud fan of Apple products, Fink isn’t afraid to show his admiration.

“It’s not the logo that attracts me,” Fink said.  “It’s simplicity.  It’s one less thing that I have to worry about.  I can turn on my laptop and know that it will work fine and I don’t have to do anything.  They put a lot of quality products and supplies into a Mac.”

MacBros has also began making educational applications for iPhones and iMacs.

“We’re very passionate about education and we feel that they’re not doing enough with education to incorporate technology, and my logic is [to] generate curiosity along with your students.  With curiosity, they’re going to want to learn.”

Steve Jobs was a very curious person, and has influenced MacBros in more ways than one.

“Basically Steve Jobs wanted to change the world,” Fink said. “He just wanted to make the best products that would influence everyone and change how they interact with people.  Make it simplistic but elegant.  We do too.  The only way we know how to do that is by selling Macs and by creating apps for schools.”

To quote Steve Jobs, “Your work is going to fulfill a large part of your life.  And the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work, and the only way to do great work is to love what you do.  If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking.  Don’t settle.  As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”

“We’re very passionate about MacBros,” Fink said. “We’re very passionate about Apple products, and we love what we do.”

Fink and McKeehan’s entrepreneurship business started in the garage of McKeehan’s house and is now more than a hobby.

“What I would recommend for people is, If you have an idea or [something] that you think is awesome, that you believe in, that you absolutely love, don’t wait.  Just do it.”