Getting crafty before finals

Alexa Stirn

Warhawk Craft Night rounds out the UC Live art workshops for the school year. The event, which happened on April 23 at 7 p.m., was a culmination of the previous art workshops.

Students were able to choose from an array of craft supplies such as beads, ribbons, paint pens, origami paper, mugs and plates, felt, cork boards and more. These supplies were featured in UC Live’s workshops from the past year.

UC Live worker Logan Carter explained that there were originally going to be Warhawk-themed items for students to craft with, but there was an issue getting them. “We just decided ‘Hey let’s throw all the crafts that we did this year into one big final Warhawk craft night!’” Carter said.

Though it may not have gone as originally planned, students still seemed to enjoy the night. 

“It’s a great way to unwind,” said student Isabel Maas.

Her friend, student Sophia Guha, described the event as being “a nice community-builder.”

The Warhawk Connection Center of the University Center housed a total of 11 different workshops this year. Here is a look back on the school year’s WCC workshops:

Starting out the year, there were the Room Decorations Workshops. On Sept. 26, students could decorate items such as light switch covers, magnets, and suncatchers to put in their new dorm rooms and apartments.

UC Live hosted a DIY Keychains & Lanyards Workshop, Oct. 17. Students were given string and beads to create their own keychains and lanyards.

Halloween Boo Bash took place on Halloween night. During this spooky celebration, students could make Halloween-themed crafts such as Halloween pom poms and dirt desserts.

Clay Night was Nov. 14. At this event, students could sculpt whatever their hearts desired.

The holidays brought the Picture Frame Workshop where students could decorate picture frames and make other gifts for their loved ones. Taking place Nov. 28, this was the last workshop of the fall semester.

The first workshop of the spring semester was Inspiration Grids. On Feb. 6 students were given scrapbook-type supplies to create vision boards to help students create and channel the vibe that they wanted for the semester.

DIY Stickers & Patches was Feb. 20. The workshop involved students designing and coloring stickers and patches to decorate their laptops, backpacks, jackets, and whatever else they could think of.

March 5 brought the Chandelier & Dream Catchers workshop. For this event, students used metal rings, string, beads, feathers, and more to create their own chandeliers and dream catchers, all while learning about the history of where dream catchers come from

Paint & Sip: DIY Tote Bags was March 19. Paint and sip events are a popular genre, but combining them with tote bags made this one unique.

April 9 was the Succulent Workshop. Nearly 250 students showed up to this event, where they got to decorate a pot to put a free succulent in.

Although the art workshops are done for the academic year, UC Live still has events going on up until the end of the school year. To learn more, visit their Instagram or their website.