Seniors leave a colorful legacy

Rainbow Celebration Excellence Photo Story
Alexa Stirn
Sawyer Red (left) and Megan Kaiser (right) give Montana their rainbow cord for graduation at the Rainbow Celebration of Excellence, April 25, 2024.

Every year, at the end of the spring semester, the PB Poorman Pride Center Community and the Women’s and Gender Studies Department come together to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of community members, allies, and graduating SeniorsThis is a moment of immense pride and joy that means a lot to those who have worked hard to reach this point. At the commencement ceremony, these seniors who have been part of the community wear their rainbow cord as a symbol of their success, which carries a lot of significance for them. They refer to this event as the Rainbow Celebration of Excellence as it represents the significant achievements of the queer community on campus. Receiving a rainbow cord is a matter of pride and accomplishment, regardless of how long someone has been a part of the community, and can serve as a reminder for years to come.