New school records come in bunches for swimmers

Both the men’ and women’s swimming team set an assortment of school records at the WIAC championships last Thursday-Saturday, with both teams finishing fourth.

The teams set new school records in most points scored, with the men totaling a score of 596, while the women ran up 441.5 points on the competition.

The men’s point total was the topped the previous high of 555.5 at the 2009 WIAC championships.

The Warhawks were not able to overcome the might of powerhouse UW-Stevens Point, which took home the men’s and the women’s title.

To go along with a record-setting performance by both teams, many individual and relay team records were established at the meet.

On the men’s side, freshman John Devroy set a school record in the 400-yard IM while sophomore Marcus Genrich set a record in the 200-yard IM. To go along with the individual accolades, four relay teams established school record during the meet.

On the women’s side, freshman Megan Kraft and sophomore Lauren Lamphere established three school records while freshman Nicole Kohnke set a record in the 50 freestyle. Just like the men’s side, four relay teams set school records.