UW-Whitewater’s Cable 19 gains ‘Point of View’

What can Bugs Bunny, Buster Bunny, and Jerry the Mouse offer you? Their point of view, of course.

There is a lot going on in college and life, but at UW-Whitewater, three individuals have come together to offer you their viewpoint.

Rick Daniels, advisor for Greeks and Associate Lecturer in the Office of Development and Communication; Donald Dantzler, graduate assistant of Multicultural Affairs and Student Success and graduate assistant in the College of Letters & Sciences; and Larry West III, academic advisor and advisor for Black Student Union portray Bugs, Buster and Jerry in their new show “Point of View.”

“It’s our point of view on world issues, higher education and sports,” Daniels said. “We called it ‘Point of View’ because that’s what we give you, and you respect it, and we respect the point of view of others.”

Daniels, West and Dantzler have been getting together to discuss various topics, which they film and stream on YouTube and Facebook.

“The goal was to have fun,” Daniels said. “It was something to have fun with but also put it on our resumes.”

The show was picked up by UW-Whitewater’s Cable 19 and it will begin airing in the spring semester.

“Students can get involved, one by watching, a by bringing topics to them, or have them on the show to speak on topics they feel strongly about,” Dantzler said.

Although fun was a large part in the creation of the show, these men don’t take this lightly.

“Right now, this means the world to me,” West said. “To see dreams become reality, and you can do anything you put your mind to.”

Daniels, Danztler and West said they hope the show will be inspiring to viewers.

“We just don’t want to succeed for ourselves, we want to help others succeed,” Daniels said. “As African American professionals in the community, it means a lot and to broadcast it would be great.”

According to West, the show does not focus only on African Americans.

“This show serves all backgrounds, students, administration, racial ethnic groups, different political parties, all demographics,” West said.

Dantzler said the show is different from other news sources and will be beneficial to students.

“It’s positive because it doesn’t exist,” said Dantzler. “We may have many outlets for information on campus, but there isn‘t graduate students and advisors giving their point of view of things here on the campus of UW-Whitewater.”

Daniels encourages students to watch the show.

“Students should tune in, because this show gives the student perspective,” Daniels said. “When you watch this show you’re going to get a perspective of three people who don’t consider themselves experts, but research analysis, and present it to the student body.”