National Survey of Student Engagement seeks student participation

Dear UW-W Campus,

The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) will be administered on campus during February. It is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and is administered at UW-W every three years – 2020 is the beginning of a new three-year cycle. The last time this survey was administered on campus was Spring 2017 – here is a link to previous results: http://www.uww.edu/irp/surveys/nsse#nsse-reports.

In addition to being the first of a three-year admin cycle, this year’s administration is important because UW-W is part of the University of Wisconsin System consortium – that means that all four-year institutions in the UW system are participating in the survey, and the UW System Administration uses the results of this survey to examine how UW system schools differ from each other on issues that are otherwise difficult to assess. However, response numbers on our campus have been falling in recent years, which might affect how UW-Whitewater is perceived within the system.

The survey is only sent to first-year students and seniors, and it asks them about their academic experiences  and interactions with faculty at UW-W. Also, this is the first time that Rock students will be asked to participate in this survey, as part of UW-Whitewater.

Jess E. Clayton, Ph. D.

Campus Survey Administrator