Disney Pixar trivia

Jake Klein, Journalist

Warhawk Alley hosted its first-ever Disney Pixar Trivia on Monday, March 9. There were about 50 participants with up to four people per team, and a $2 entry fee per person. Prizes were awarded to the team that took first place, and also to the team with the best name.

The trivia consisted of 40 questions and ranged from specific answers to multiple-choice questions. Some of the movies the questions came from were: “The Incredibles,” “Finding Nemo,” “Toy Story,” “Monsters Inc.,” “Ratatouille,” “Inside Out,” “Bugs Life,” “Wall-E,” “Cars,” “Brave,” and “Up.”

Alex Michaelsen, a junior at UW-Whitewater, is the trivia coordinator for Warhawk Alley and was in charge of the event. He has run trivia events before and said it takes a long time to actually research and come up with the right questions.

“There’s been a couple of events like this in the past. We’ve had a Disney trivia before, but this is the first time we’ve done a Disney Pixar event, and I’m really happy with how it turned out,” said Michaelsen. “I actually began coming up with the questions months in advance. I tried to research and find a balance of questions that were relatively easy with some that were really difficult, and I think, for the most part, they turned out pretty well. I was a little surprised at how well everybody did.”

Once all the questions were answered, the teams swapped their answer sheets with a different team to see how they did. After the answers were checked, it turned out that all of the teams got at least 35 right, and a couple that got 37 and 38. In the end, the winning team got 39 of the questions right.

The event had a slight competitive feel to it, and they even had one of the staff members walking around the venue to make sure no one had their phones on the tables. Students Austin Dirks and Noah Huntley were on a team together, and they said they actually prepared a good amount for it. Every team looked like they were extremely prepared based on how well everyone did.

“Noah and I looked up a lot of trivia questions and we quizzed each other over dinner quite a bit,” Dirks said.

They felt like they were going to win it all, but an indecisive moment proved to cost them.

“I honestly thought it’d be a little tougher. Most of the questions were easy, but there were about five that tripped us up. We ended up getting one wrong that I didn’t trust my gut with, and because of that, we didn’t get enough right to pull out the win. We all still had a great time though,” said Huntley.

This event had a great turnout and had a great atmosphere throughout the night. Warhawk Alley is looking forward to the next trivia night, and encourages you to come out and have some fun! For more information and to sign up for future events, visit uww.edu/uc/trivia or go to Warhawk Alley.