UW-Whitewater cooks up new dining contract

Aladdin Contract
Jayden Kimpel

Every seven years, the UW-Whitewater dining contract is up for bid. A new dining company has been awarded the contract and Aladdin Dining will no longer vend to UW-Whitewater after the 2024 spring semester. 

Jayden Kimpel

According to a campus-wide message from Angelina Izzo, WSG student body president, “Campus and WSG are committed to ensuring the best possible service for students.” 

If students come across any issues, they are asked to complete the form available on the UW-W campus dining page. 

“Over the past year campus has gathered a ton of feedback about our dining options,” Izzo said. “Every seven years, the dining contract is up for bid. This process is close to being finalized. A new dining company has been awarded the contract and you can look forward to great things when the contract turns over to them after Commencement this May. Once the Board of Regents approves of the new contract in early April, more details will be shared. There is lots to be excited about and some of our favorites will be continuing. Don’t believe everything you read on social media.”

Students are worried about the quality and availability of campus fan-favorites, such as Drumlin’s Mongolian Grill and Erbert and Gerbert’s.

“I like the variety of options available for each dining hall,” said first-year Jazeal Brown. “I’m a very picky eater, so the appearance of the food matters to me. If it doesn’t look appealing, I will not eat it.” 

Jayden Kimpel

Prices for student meal plans range from $1,384 to $1,444 depending on the amount of meals selected per week. 

“We have had a great experience at UW-Whitewater,” said Aladdin Director of Marketing Trent Krupica. “We are a food vendor, but we do like to think of ourselves as a partner that w

e collaborate with on-site to develop a dining program that is innovative and creative that also meets the needs of students, faculty and staff from a food perspective.”

The Board of Regents will approve a new contract with the new vendor in early April. UW-Whitewater will continue to work with Aladdin Dining until the end of the spring semester. Chartwells catering is currently scheduled to vend for camps and conferences during the summer.