VP Jensen announces run for presidency

Whitewater Student Government Vice President John Jensen announced he will run for WSG president in the spring at Monday night’s meeting.

His vice presidential running mate is WSG Student Affairs Director Danielle Jordan.

“Danielle and I are the best choice that students are going to have for representing them,” Jensen said. “I think that we have a great plan for what students want here at UW-Whitewater.”

Jensen

Before joining with Jensen, Jordan said she considered a possible presidential candidacy.

“I didn’t have a running mate, and I didn’t know if I wanted to take the full step and run for president,” Jordan said. “So when he (John) asked me, I just grabbed it.”

No one else is currently running for president, but if someone did enter the race, Jensen said he would welcome the competition.

Jordan said she’d also welcome the challenge, but admitted it would be a lot less stressful running unopposed.

“Since this is my first time running, yes, I am a bit nervous,” Jordan said. “However, I really do believe we are the best candidates for this school.”

The election process will follow the Presidential Election Calendar that was unanimously passed at the meeting.

Jordan

Sophomore Adam Grassnickle was sworn in as the new parliamentarian Monday night, and three new senators were appointed to different WSG seats.

Freshman Brittni Begale was approved for an Esker district seat while junior Dan Bristow and senior Katelyn Dudley were given off-campus district seats.