Evan Halpop

Evan Halpop, Photo Editor

This is my first semester since transferring over from Madison Area Technical College where I earned my associates degree in photography and a certificate in journalism.

I’m here at Whitewater to earn a bachelors degree in journalism, with a minor in communications. I come from a line of educators on both sides of my family.

I am also on the autism spectrum, which is one of the reasons I chose to take the challenge of earning my bachelors degree in journalism.

I strongly believe in tackling challenging tasks head on. I believe I can contribute to society with my photography, especially since I have a knack for seeing moments that pass by fast or go by unnoticed.

One of my goals while I am photo editor is to step up our photography at the Royal Purple. Being mentored by Steve Apps, who is the Chief Photographer of the Wisconsin State Journal, I have high expectations for myself. I intend to keep generating new goals throughout the year.

My favorite lens I enjoy photographing with is my 300 millimeter f/2.8 Nikkor lens. I call it Optimus since it is a prime lens.

I also enjoy playing hockey in the winter when I get the chance, playing on my Nintendo Switch and hanging out with my dog Toby.