A COVID commencement

Willie Warhawk applauds the music.  Reggae band King Solomon and the Whitewater City Market came to Wyman Mall on the UW-Whitewater campus on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 for the third in a series of concerts celebrating the universitys 150th anniversary. The next concert is scheduled for Friday, July 20 at 4:30 p.m. with The WhiskeyBelles.  (UW-Whitewater photo/Craig Schreiner)

UW-WHITEWATER PHOTO/CRAIG SCHREINER

Willie Warhawk applauds the music. Reggae band King Solomon and the Whitewater City Market came to Wyman Mall on the UW-Whitewater campus on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 for the third in a series of concerts celebrating the university’s 150th anniversary. The next concert is scheduled for Friday, July 20 at 4:30 p.m. with The WhiskeyBelles. (UW-Whitewater photo/Craig Schreiner)

Leena Hallock, Assistant Lifestyle Editor

Just because COVID has restricted some fun doesn’t mean the party still can’t go on. This year as graduation is fast approaching for universities as well as high schools, many are eagerly preparing for the future fun festivities. Last year during the height of COVID many families had to find different ways to celebrate remotely or distanced. 

A huge trend last year was drive-by celebrations of any kind, including graduation parties. Many friends and family members would get together in their own vehicles and drive by the celebrated individual’s home, honking their horn and cheering in celebration of their accomplishments. Another popular trend is Zoom and or WebEx parties with friends or family. A time a date is chosen, and families sit on the computer together and chat and laugh for hours while eating, drinking, etc. While partying with your friends or family through WebEx, you can eat food together, talk about all of the memories you had, have a dance off party, play some party games that you can do through technology, or just make each other laugh! This 2021 graduation year because COVID vaccines are rolling out and cases are lightening, there is more leeway with celebrating with more people and everyone is beginning to take full advantage. According to Top Trend Guides some hot new graduation party ideas on the list this year include personalized photo booths where one can capture all the fun party moments, graduation banners to liven up the space and or Words of Wisdom Jars where individuals can throw in their own knowledge for college and beyond. You can build a photo booth for your family and friends by jumping in on the fun with pictures of making goofy faces and smiling of a good time! You can also make the Words of Wisdom Jars for people to come by and put their advice for when you graduate college, and can always be a silly one too! “Don’t forget to buy toilet paper!” or “Don’t eat yellow snow.” just try to be silly when you make advice for them. You could decorate your graduation hats in any way you can with glitter, stickers, or something personal to you that you will always remember as you go on in life after college. Lastly, you can get lanterns for the party, light it up, let it float off into the distance while you watch it, you can feel peace after working so hard in college and reminisce about all of the good times you had. 

https://www.toptrendsguide.com/graduation-party-ideas/