New director steps into new role

LaDae'meona McDowell, Arts & Rec Editor

Young Auditorium’s new director is in bloom as Shannon Dozoryst steps into her new position. Dozoryst is passionate in showing the campus and community what the auditorium has to offer.

Dozoryst, having spent 13 years working for the Young Auditorium, has goals of  increasing sponsorships and partnerships with community organizations and businesses. Dozoryst also looks forward to meeting with directors and student organizations to establish relationships on campus.

“I see my position here as an opportunity to serve as an advocate for the arts on campus and to make sure that the Young Auditorium lives up to its vision which is to ‘serve as a catalyst for inspiration’,” said Dozoryst.

One of Dozoryst’s main drives is providing opportunities for families because of the benefits of exposure to the arts.

“I feel very strongly that it’s important to introduce young people to the arts, and to make sure everyone has access to the arts,” said Dozoryst.

A way that Dozoryst incorporates that is through various projects and programs she’s deeply involved with. Two such programs are Arts For All and the Never Too Young Series, which Dozoryst helped develop in her previous Education and Outreach role.

“I just feel very strongly that, to grow as an organization, we need to look outside of ourselves and work with community partners to help each other out.”