Hannah Jewell Goodbye Letter

Hannah Jewell Goodbye Letter

Hannah Jewell on the right

Hannah Jewell on the right

Hannah Jewell on the right

Hannah Jewell on the right

Hannah Jewell, Staff Writer

This past semester was something of a whirlwind. The time just flew by and now it is almost graduation. Through all the craziness, one of my favorite experiences here at UW-W was being part of the Royal Purple. At first, I was nervous about participating. I really did not know what to expect. I was not sure what I wanted to do, mainly take pictures or write articles. I am not the greatest writer but I knew that I wanted to expand on my abilities. I was also nervous about interviewing strangers, the fast deadlines, possible embarrassment for lack of skills, etc.; but what I got out of my time with the Royal Purple was more than I ever wished for. I met many great, intelligent people who inspired me to break out of my comfort zone and try harder, I improved my writing (I think) and photography skills, and my passion for the craft grew. I was able to work under very talented people who gave me advice that I will be able to carry with me into the future. Along the way, things did not always go as planned or get published, but I do believe this taught me what it would be like in the professional world; some things do not always work out. You will just have to take it with a grain of salt and try again. I will be forever grateful for being part of such an amazing publication. Thanks for the opportunity!

1 Comment

One Response to “Hannah Jewell Goodbye Letter”

1. Dr. T on December 12th, 2017 1:23 pm

Congrats, Hannah! You did great work this semester.
    Best of luck as you graduate.
    Can’t wait to see what you do next ….

Hannah Jewell Goodbye Letter