Hopping along

Warhawk Catholics anticipate the arrival of Easter

Hopping+along

Brian Zanin, Contributor

The students of Warhawk Catholic eagerly anticipate the arrival of Easter and its commemoration of the Resurrection of Jesus. We have observed the 40 day season of preparation for Easter known as Lent and adopted its practices of prayer, fasting, and works of charity. At the same time, we have supported our fellow students who have entered Lent preparing to become Catholic or receive the Sacraments of the Church at Easter or during the Easter Season. The season of Lent leads into Easter with Holy Week, the period when we recall the final days of Jesus’s earthly ministry. It begins with Holy Thursday Mass when we recount and celebrate the Last Supper of Jesus with His disciples and the institution of the Sacrament of the Eucharist in the Mass. Good Friday services commemorate the death that Jesus endured for love of humanity, and Holy Saturday prayers and reflection on Jesus in the tomb. Easter Sunday Masses celebrate the joy of the Resurrection, God’s victory over death, and the hope we have in eternal life through the sacrifice of Jesus. Easter in 2020 at the start of the pandemic was a time for faith and hope in the midst of lockdown and uncertainty about the future. This Easter promises to be more joyous as we expect the impact of the pandemic lessening while entrusting the losses we have endured to God’s care. We anticipate that our students will again gather in places of worship and with family safely in person as well as virtually to celebrate the great holy day of Easter. The schedule of Catholic services here in Whitewater can be found at www.stpatrickwhitewater.org

Brian Zanin 

Warhawk Catholic